Tuesday, September 8, 2009

New Week

As we move into the 2nd week of September, we celebrated Labor Day. I can't say I really know why we celebrate Labor Day, but I'm always willing to take a day off. Additionally, the Walworth County Fair is Labor Day weekend and is by far, my most favorite fair.

Yeah, I get weepy about State Fair like a child. And it's cool and we have fun. But Walworth is a different kind of beast. First of all, it's a dry fair. Which rocks.

blink::blink

Yes, it does rock. And let me tell you why. I can actually keep my children there past 7 PM and I don't have to worry about a bunch of drunks either swearing in front of them, spilling beer on us or getting into a general brawl as is so common at summer festivals in Wisconsin.

Last year we stayed and saw Huey Lewis and the News perform. This year? Styx. At the ripe ages of 4 and 5, the kids have seen more concerts than Gumby had at 18! We sit off to the side on the race track on the grass and the kids can dance around and I don't have to be neurotic that it's too loud for their little ears. They have a wonderful time and we get to giggle at them.

Gumby's parents came with us this year. His Mom was well enough to do it. Which was so much fun. And a friend of his from work met up with us with her 2 1/2 year old so. Ah, good times. The kids had a blast climbing all the different tractors and such for well over an hour and then saw a lumberjack show.

Like I said, way different from the State Fair, but my favorite by far.

Today my MIL has her reconstruction surgery. She's a bit worried and tried to distract herself all weekend the best she could, so we had a BBQ at their house yesterday. Very yummy.

So hopefully this will be her easiest surgery to day and it will be a quick recovery.

Besides, the woman is beside herself that The Beatles Rock Band comes out tomorrow. I have strict instructions to go buy her the super-deluxe edition (yep, with all the instruments). Which is cool, because now we'll have back up drums, heh.

Disney will pretty well set. I still need to get the car rental for our day at the ocean and then one for my in-laws when they stay after we leave. I'm getting pretty excited about it.

The rest of school went well last week. Now on to another week. Hopefully it will go well too!

No comments: