Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 07 - Someone who has made your life worth living for

I actually have a number of people that have made life worth living.  Gumby, of course.  Our kids, most obviously.

But during the dark times, it was a combination of my maternal Grandparents and my best friend's Mom.  My Grandparents always had my back during that time and I knew their house was safe from the madness.

My best friend's Mom for showing me life gets better.  For talking to me like a grown up and respecting my feelings, but also not being afraid of telling me to pull my head out of my ass.  For being that cool Mom.

We all understood the phrase, "everything in life is a choice".  But she really got me to understand circumstances do not make the person.  The choices that person makes is what makes them.  Good or bad.  Thankfully I've made *mostly* good choices.

No comments: