Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 13 : A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)

Dear Dave Matthews Band -

You have been an inspiration to me for many years.  Like way more years than I want to admit, because that would really show my age ;)

But I can specifically remember losing the first pregnancy.  I remember most people wanted to ignore it.  Or tell me it would be alright.  Except it wasn't going to be alright.  I had made up my mind that I wanted that child more than anything else and would protect it.  And here I couldn't even protect it from my own body.  I remember driving under the "Whale Wall" here, sobbing, listening to "Lie in our Graves" and suddenly it hit me.  I couldn't spend the rest of my days mourning.  I was letting life pass me by.  It was OK to mourn, to be sad at the loss of life.  But I needed to celebrate it too.

And I'm not going to lie and say I was suddenly OK, but it let me start to move on.  To not be focused on the loss, but rather what was to come.

So thank you for that.

No comments: