Sunday, December 7, 2008

Damn truck

Today I worked at 10:30 AM. As I arrived at work (early!), I turned off the truck and tried to pull out the key, but it didn't move. I slightly twisted the key, thinking I had gone past the "removal" point and had gone into axillary power.

Except it still didn't come out. I bent over to look and saw ice (!) at the top of the metal key part. I flick if off, hoping that was the end of it. Alas, I was again, wrong.

The whole frickin' key was frozen in the ignition. In my 17 years of driving, I've never had this happen. I blame Dodge.

So I had to sit in the truck and wait for it to warm up completely (because the 4 minute drive from our driveway to the Walgreens parking lot was not not enough to warm it). Which meant, I was a few minutes late to work.

At least they had a good laugh about it.

The children had a good time playing Wii tonight. They were playing baseball when I got home and did some Wii fit before bed.

Other than that, not a whole lot in the day.

No comments: