Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm a blog slacker.

Er. Yeah. So I haven't posted in a few weeks. I've thought about it, I really have, but just haven't gotten around to it.

But that seems to be a theme around here lately.

So to recap.

Christmas Eve was here with both families. I was a bit panicked in the morning, trying to get ready. Made an appointment for Little Man to get a hair cut. Ran around getting ready, realized I would not make the 11 AM appointment, so I called to reschedule. Got Noon. Left at 11:45 AM to get there (it's snowing like you wouldn't believe) and realize Gumby had the keys to the car (when we bought it, it only came with 1 key and of course, it's a special key that's almost $300 for..we'll work with 1 for now thank you!).

I'm pissed. I'm going to be late to another hair cut appointment. It's snowing, my children are running around like the beasts they are and I suddenly realize, who the fuck cares?

All the kids wanted to do was to build a snow man. So a snow man we built.

Gumby came home, took Little Man to his hair cut appointment, I ran to the store with Baby Girl and came home and relaxed. Got the food ready and didn't stress. Overall, Christmas Eve was very chill after building the snow man. Heh.

Christmas Eve and Day was very nice. Very relaxed. I did get Rock Band 2 (as did my MIL, God help us both). So now I've been staying up much too late after the kids go to bed playing. It's addictive, fun and really needs to be controlled. Ha.

New Year's Eve was going to be here, but my FIL fell and sprained his ankle, so we went to their house. Our usual seafood fest. My BIL was able to get us some lobster and he prepped it for me, so I just had to finish cooking it (so freakin' yummy). I did the filet, shrimp and mussels.

Little Man passed out in Grandma and Grandpa's bed around 10 PM (I was meanwhile, passed out in the recliner, opps). Baby Girl was still kicking at 11:15 PM, but we left then. Got home and the kids in bed just in time to have 5 minutes to spare before the new year.

Popped open our bottle of sparkling grape juice (we live hard peeps) and brought in the new year.

This past weekend we had a night without kids. The in-laws had the kids sleep over Saturday night. We went to dinner with my folks for our collective anniversaries and then went to a movie.

Oh, don't waste your time or money on "The Day the Earth Stood Still". What a piece of crap. We wanted to see the Benjamin Button movie, but my Mom was anti-Brad that night, so we went to the other movie.

Ugg.

Word to the wise, don't delay in picking your college classes. I'm used to going to smaller schools that you can always get into a class. Apparently UWM is pretty serious about those class limits, plus, there are so many more students looking to get in. Now I'm stalking the registration website every few hours trying to get into the classes I needed and wanted (I had the whole damn scheduled perfect in my head. Fuck).

Meanwhile, I've signed up for classes I do need, but the other classes are classes I need to take (prereq's). Apparently the college algebra course I took is not enough and now I need intermediate algebra, followed by calculus and stats. Bugger.

Why did I pick this major? Oh yeah, I'm a nerd/dork.

Alas, on the a happier note, Gumby has decided to go back for his bachelors (hell yes!), so starting this summer we'll be able to take a bunch of classes together again. I know it sounds strange, but it's a good time for us to have the commute in the car together, we take the classes together (keeps us on top of what's due and usually when one doesn't get something, the other does and can explain it). Plus I love being his partner on projects...means I don't have to leave home or my pj's (ha!).

So I'm super-duper excited about that.

I turn the big 3-3 in 2 days. Actually it's not all that big. Birthdays don't typically bother me (weird ones do, I had issue with 23...hmmmm...wonder if that means I'll have issue with 33???).

Wish me luck.

On a final note, I'd love to hear suggestions on how to get a 3 year old boy to stop picking his nose. Seems to be a boy specific thing, as we were able to break Baby Girl of it rather quickly.

Blech.

ETA: UPDATE!!! I got into the algebra class I wanted! Guess who gets to take algebra at 8 AM on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays?!? And who's actually excited about it? I'm such a dork.

No comments: